What has happened to our £100m man?
Another near anonymous performance from Gareth Bale last night against the Toffeemen of Goodison Park
Since Mr Bale’s sudden dip in form,Spurs have amassed , if that is the right word , 12 points from a possible 33 in our last 11 Premiere League games and it’s no surprise that we have failed to win away since the 2-0 defeat of Norwich on 27th Dec.
So whats gone wrong because at the moment Maicon has cancelled his taxi.
A number of factors could be involved :
- Sir Harold in his wisdom has given him a free role in many games, since he shone in the Norwich game
- He has been “worked” out , many smaller teams now always put at least two markers on him and are only too pleased to kick him out of the game
- He has much in the way of adverse press lately including being accused of diving at every opportunity
- Loss of confidence starting with a a missed one on one at Anfield that undoubtedly cost us three points
- Has the untimely death of Gary Speed had an effect as his form loss has coincided with the Wales’ manager demise
Some items I agree are straw clutching because in reality we all know he is not a player that operates well anywhere except on the left wing
Injuries up top or to Aaron Lennon have dictated he has played out of position. On the right , every decent defender worth his salt will show him on the outside , in the middle he has no space to work with. He is not a hold up player
Sir Harold must get him back on the left with Modric in the middle putting him , this is where all the foundations of our success have been built this season.
These two players are world class in the right position and whatever tinkering is carried out these 2 positions should always remain and then just maybe Maicon will be looking for the local taxi rank number again